Saturday, January 16, 2010

This is just too funny

OK, so I'm reading the ny times on my ipod touch in bed this morning when I come across this article, I kid you not, reporting that some men are injecting themselves with the urine of pregnant women to maintain youth. OK, so it's not quite that bad, it's actually a hormone extracted from the urine of pregnant women. But, still ...

And no, Women of Misfits, this is not available to you. It's apparently a men-only deal. Not sure whether to consider this the ultimate triumph of feminism or proof positive that it is indeed a man's world.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Bud,I think you should stick with the cod liver oil, healthy eating, drinking and exercise you are already doing. The results may prove to be more effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that struck me in the article is that the guy is essentially doing the things I'm doing (that you list) PLUS the urine injections, and he's paying $10k/year for the privilege. I was thinking that, at $30 to $50 a bottle, cod liver oil was a little pricy. Now, I feel like I'm getting a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy stuff. And crazy expensive. But mostly crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But is it really any different than those vain men who inject silicone into pecs, abs, and gastrocnemius (isn't that the calf?)muscle? Crazy, silly, maybe dangerous in the search for eternal youth.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just have to say getting to the point of injecting urine is somehow more powerfully symbolic. Hard to imagine the excuse for that really.

    Not sure what to say of the silicone folks. They're actually a bit more vain than this guy. He's really aiming for eternal life. They're just trying to be more pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm, thinking about the good ole days when the weirdest thing you could do with urine was a "golden shower"

    ReplyDelete