Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eating Out

Today I had a lunch meeting and was in quite a quandry as to what to order. I figured I would be safe with a salad, but also had to take into consideration portion size and what was actually on the salad.  So, I order as follows:  Chicken Sarwarma Salad with the chicken, pita chips and dressing on the side, which essentially left the greens on the plate. I ate my portion according to the "rules" and ended up with enough leftovers for 5 more meals.  A cheap lunch ($10) but got me thinking about how much I was eating previously. I wouldn't have finished the salad, but I would have made a significant dent in it, say half. And would have been full, if not somewhat uncomfortable and more then likely a bit sluggish.  Eating what I did was definitely satisfying, provided me the energy I needed to head into my next meeting, alert and ready to get something done.

4 comments:

  1. I've begun a similar practice as I often have outside meetings. This has turned out to be a really good opportunity to clean up my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating out has been one of my biggest challenges. It's difficult to figure out potion sizes and when to quit. But on the upside, I got 4 lunches out of leftovers from Red Hawk. I was surprised how many meals I got out of it! It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday on my free day, I ate a chicken salad sandwich and thought I would burst!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should point out that I eat chicken salad almost every day. The trick for me has been whole sandwich vs. half sandwich. That makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete