Friday, January 22, 2010

My Old Habit

As you all know (but I'm sure have forgotten), my old habit is complaining. I didn't get points Monday or Tuesday since I caught myself complaining about stupid things. However, since I lost those points, I have really been trying to pay attention to this old habit that I think contributes to a bad attitude. Anyway, I took my car for an oil change today. They were also checking something else for me. I planned to wait and eat my 3rd meal (that I brought with me), it was after 1:00 and I was hungry. I sat down with a magazine and my lunch bag with my tabbouleh with added feta (yum) and realized that I didn't have any eating utensils! I asked a few people who worked there, no one had any plastic forks or spoons. OK, I'll just suck on this mint that I found in the bottom of my purse, it's OK. An hour passes.... the old Sharon would have gone up to someone to ask sweetly and sarcastically if there's a problem, if that didn't work, the old Sharon would have complained to someone about good customer service or something. The new Sharon simply started strolling around the showroom. They called my name within a few minutes of stuffing down that complaint! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That's great progress. It seems auto repair shops bring out the worst in me.

    ReplyDelete